Dear Parents and Guardians,
The first graders and I enjoyed our week and have been looking ahead to the Festival of Courage next week! We are all getting ready and excited for the first fest at our new building and our first fest as a class at Urban Prairie. Please be sure to join us on Saturday, September 29 from 3-6pm for this momentous occasion! See below for all the details!
- Festival of Courage, Saturday, Sept 29, 3:00-6:00. (Work Day, Friday 1:00-3:00.) See details below.
- Grade 1 Parent Evening, Oct 17, 7:00pm
- Pageant: The event opens with all the grade school students performing our brand new pageant. (Student arrival time: 2:50). DON’T BE LATE OR YOU’LL MISS THE DRAGON!
- Feats of Strength: Obstacle course, hang time challenge, games, and more!
- Live old time music band and dancing: We will a professional dance caller to teach us fun and simple barn dances.
- Pie Cook-Off – Make, taste, judge, maybe win!
- flatware, plates, and filled water bottles for your family
- lawn chairs
- sunscreen or sun hat
- $1 bills for pie cook-off tasting/voting spoons
- pie for the cook-off
- potluck dish
- dancin’ shoes
Mosquitoes have invaded our play lot! And our first graders are super sweet and have been bitten over and over. If you would like, please spray them before school to avoid more bites. I did share some natural mosquito repellant Friday, but wanted to invite you to do it in case you would prefer your own version.