- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about Waldorf Education
- Urban Prairie Newsletter
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Supporting Our Transgender and Non-binary Students and Community Members
- Media Statement
- Standardized Testing Statement
- Environmental Sustainability
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Playgroup Programs (FKA Parent Child)
- Urban Prairie Early Childhood Program
- Grade School
- Three Streams of Student Support
- After School
- Adult Education
- Summer Camps
- SUPPORT US
- CONTACT US
- Playgroup in the Classroom
2019 June Summer Camps
Summertime is for fun, and Urban Prairie Waldorf School offers a wide variety of week-long summer camps that fit the bill.
Looking for a camp for your preschooler? Click here for Early Childhood Summer Camp.
Camps are open to children entering grades 1 – 5, both inside and outside the Urban Prairie community. Camps will be held at UPWS (1310 S. Ashland) as well as walking field trips around the neighborhood.
You may either choose a half or full day option. Half-day pick-up is at 12:00. Full day pick-up is at 3:30 pm.
- One week whole days: $365
- One week half days (morning session): $225
Week 1: June 17 – 21 ~ Fiber Arts
Instructor: Sarah Steedman, UPWS Handwork Assistant and parent of Charlotte (Grade 5) and Elliot (2018 Graduate)
Using fabric, thread, yarn and sewing skills learned in handwork class, we will create items such as an embroidered self portrait, an animal mask, and a fish shaped wind sock.
This camp is for crafty kids who like to use their hands to create useful items to keep or give away as gifts.
Week 2: June 24 – 28 ~ Circus and Creative Movement
Sophie Huckabay, UPWS Circus Arts Teacher
This camp will blend the Waldorf-inspired movement discipline of Spatial Dynamics with circus arts focusing balancing and object manipulation.