- Thursday, Nov. 7: Dia de los Muertos Dinner and Dance
Don’t miss the second annual fundraiser hosted at the fabulous Folklore in Wicker Park. Get a sitter and plan to stay out late–there’s no school that Friday! Get your ticket here.
- Friday, Nov. 8, NO SCHOOL
- Monday, Nov. 25-Tuesday, Nov. 26: Parent Teacher Conferences. Sign up here!
- Saturday, Nov. 16, 9:30-12:oo Experience UP and Community Fair
- Electromagnetism– Andi Pearl, Grade 7
- Geometry in the Waldorf 5th and 6th grade – Megan Cather, Grade 6
- Lower Grades Math – Amanda Poll, Grade 3
- Higher Level Thinking: Women in Early America – Mat Riendeau, Grade 8
- You, Too, Can Be a Pentathlete – Adriana Kondrat, movement
- Research using multiple sources
- Note taking
- Conveying information using both visual and written elements
Please visit the public library in the next week to help your 6th grader find a book on their solar system object, or print out information found online. I only cautioned the 6th graders that all online research should be done with adult supervision and guidance, so that they can find information that is accurate and written at an appropriate reading level for them. Thanks in advance!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.