- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about Waldorf Education
- Urban Prairie Newsletter
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Supporting Our Transgender and Non-binary Students and Community Members
- Media Statement
- Standardized Testing Statement
- Environmental Sustainability
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Playgroup Programs (FKA Parent Child)
- Early Childhood Program
- Grade School
- Three Streams of Student Support
- After School
- Adult Education
- Summer Camps
- SUPPORT US
- CONTACT US
- Playgroup in the Classroom
2017-18 Annual Fund
The Annual Fund is an opportunity for you to directly affect the lives of our students.
Nurturing our Garden: Teacher Training and Mentoring Programs
A rich story. Experiential learning. Historical context intermingled with an appreciation for the beauty of every subject. This is how your child learns. It’s what makes them excited for more.
Each year, when your child’s teacher “learns” a new curriculum for the school year ahead, they bring content in a way that is fresh and exciting. They know the stumbling blocks, as well as the stories that make a new topic so compelling. Your teacher has undertaken in-depth study of each developmental stage. By crafting their lessons to mirror that inward development, they meet the children exactly where they are.
Such depth, passion, and freshness in every subject is possible thanks to Urban Prairie’s solid commitment to teacher training and mentoring. You can support that commitment to your child’s educational experience by making a gift to the 2017-18 Annual Fund. We strive to:
- bring master teachers to observe, mentor, and critique our faculty;
- host the best trainers for professional development days; and
- provide summer training opportunities for all of our teachers.
Your gift will fill these needs.
Thank you for your support.
All gifts are tax-deductible.
Support your child’s teacher today!
Donate by Check:
Please make checks payable to “Urban Prairie”. Your donation by check allows us to apply your full donation to Urban Prairie’s goals, rather than to processing fees. Checks should be mailed to:
Urban Prairie Waldorf School
1220 W. Lexington Street
Chicago, IL 60607
Pledge or Donate Online:
Urban Prairie is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization. All donations are tax-exempt to the extent allowed by law.
For more information or questions regarding a gift to Urban Prairie please click here to contact our Director of Community Development, Heather Berhalter.