- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about Waldorf Education
- Urban Prairie Newsletter
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Supporting Our Transgender and Non-binary Students and Community Members
- Media Statement
- Standardized Testing Statement
- Environmental Sustainability
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Playgroup Programs (FKA Parent Child)
- Urban Prairie Early Childhood Program
- Grade School
- Three Streams of Student Support
- After School
- Adult Education
- Summer Camps
- SUPPORT US
- CONTACT US
- Playgroup in the Classroom
Waldorf Early Childhood Program Admissions
Urban Prairie is accepting applications for our new Prairie Roots program, opening January 2020, for children turning 3 by September 1, 2020. Our Hummingbird Garden preschool program is accepting applications for children ages 3-6 for mid-year entry (must have turned 3 by September 1, 2019) or for the 2020/21 schoolyear (must be 3 by September 1, 2020). Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Waldorf Early Childhood Schedule Options
Half days (8:00am – 12:00pm) & full days (8:00am – 3:30pm)
- 5 days
- 3 days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- 2 days (Thursday, Friday)
- Aftercare is available 3:30 – 6:00pm
- Attend a tour and observation.
- File an online application (complete with any applicable evaluations and/or teacher recommendations if your child has attended another school) by February 15. Applications submitted after February 15 will be reviewed on a rolling basis based on space availability in the class. To apply, follow the link to create an account on the BigSis site. Once your account is set up, click the “New” button in order to start an Early Childhood application.
- Upon receipt of a complete application, the Admissions Office will schedule a playgroup for small groups of applicants (3-6) and parents/guardians. This gives our teachers an opportunity to observe children in free play and answer any questions that parents may have. Parents may also request an individual conversation with faculty. Teachers may request an individual meeting and/or class visit following the playgroup.
- The admissions decision is made by the Early Childhood admissions team and will be communicated to families within three weeks of the playgroup or as soon as possible for rolling admissions applicants.
- Enrollment contracts along with the supply fee and an $800 tuition deposit are due March 15 or within two weeks of acceptance for rolling admissions applicants.