- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about Waldorf Education
- Urban Prairie Newsletter
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Supporting Our Transgender and Non-binary Students and Community Members
- Media Statement
- Standardized Testing Statement
- Environmental Sustainability
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Playgroup Programs (FKA Parent Child)
- Early Childhood Program
- Grade School
- Three Streams of Student Support
- After School
- Adult Education
- Summer Camps
- SUPPORT US
- CONTACT US
- Playgroup in the Classroom
Early Childhood Program Admissions
Urban Prairie is accepting applications for our new Prairie Roots program. Children turning 2 by June 1, 2020 are eligible to apply for Fall admission. Our Hummingbird Garden preschool program is also accepting applications. Children ages 3-6 are eligible to apply for either a mid-year entry (must have turned 3 by September 1, 2019) or for the 2020/21 school year (children must be 3 by September 1, 2020).
Questions? Contact email@example.com .
Half days (8:00am – 12:00pm) & full days (8:00am – 3:30pm)
- 5 days
- 3 days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- 2 days (Thursday, Friday)
- Aftercare is available 3:30 – 6:00pm
- Attend a school tour. Private tours are available. Please contact Jennifer Zielinski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-858-4562 to schedule your tour today!
- File an online application (complete with any applicable evaluations and/or teacher recommendations if your child has attended another school) by the February 15 due date. Applications submitted after February 15 will be reviewed on a rolling basis based on space availability in the class. To apply, follow the link to create an account on the BigSis site. Once your account is set up, click the “New” button in order to start an Early Childhood application.
- Upon receipt of a complete application, the Admissions Office will contact you to schedule a time for you to attend an Enrollment Playgroup. These playgroups are for a small groups of applicants (3-6 students) and their parents/guardians. This gives our teachers an opportunity to meet the children as well as answer any questions that parents may have. Parents may also request an individual conversation with faculty. Teachers may request an individual meeting and/or class visit following the playgroup.
- The admissions decision is made by the Early Childhood admissions team and will be communicated to families within three weeks of the playgroup or as soon as possible for rolling admissions applicants.
- Enrollment contracts along with the supply fee and an $800 tuition deposit are due March 15 or within two weeks of acceptance for rolling admissions applicants.