- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about Waldorf Education
- Urban Prairie Newsletter
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Supporting Our Transgender and Non-binary Students and Community Members
- Media Statement
- Standardized Testing Statement
- Environmental Sustainability
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Parent Child Programs
- Waldorf Early Childhood Program
- Grade School
- Three Streams of Student Support
- After School
- Adult Education
- Summer Camps
- SUPPORT US
- CONTACT US
- Parent Child Classroom
Waldorf Early Childhood Program Admissions
Urban Prairie is currently accepting applications for the 2019/20 academic year. Applicants must turn three by September 1, 2019 in order to be considered for admission. If you have any questions, please contact Heather Berhalter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waldorf Early Childhood Schedule Options
Half days (8:00am – 12:00pm) & full days (8:00am – 3:30pm)
- 5 days
- 3 days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- 2 days (Thursday, Friday)
- Aftercare is available from 3:30-6:00pm
- Attend an Open House.
- File an online application (complete with any applicable evaluations and/or teacher recommendations if your child has attended another school) by February 15. Applications submitted after February 15 will be reviewed on a rolling basis based on space availability in the class. You will need to create an account on the Big Sis site in order to apply. Once you have an account set up, you can click the “New” button in order to start an Early Childhood application.
- Upon receipt of a complete application, the Admissions Office will schedule a playgroup for small groups of applicants (3-6) and parents/guardians. This gives our teachers an opportunity to observe children in free play and answer any questions that parents may have. Parents may also request an individual conversation with faculty. Teachers may request an individual meeting and/or class visit following the playgroup.
- The admissions decision is made by the Early Childhood admissions team and will be communicated to families within three weeks of the playgroup or as soon as possible for rolling admissions applicants.
- Enrollment contracts along with the supply fee and an $800 tuition deposit are due March 15 or within two weeks of acceptance for rolling admissions applicants.