- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about Waldorf Education
- Urban Prairie Newsletter
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Supporting Our Transgender and Non-binary Students and Community Members
- Media Statement
- Standardized Testing Statement
- Environmental Sustainability
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Playgroup Programs (FKA Parent Child)
- Early Childhood Program
- Grade School
- Three Streams of Student Support
- After School
- Adult Education
- Summer Camps
- SUPPORT US
- CONTACT US
- Playgroup in the Classroom
Early Childhood Program Admissions
Urban Prairie is accepting applications for our new Prairie Roots program. Children turning 2 by June 1, 2020 are eligible to apply for Fall admission. Our Hummingbird Garden preschool program is also accepting applications. Children ages 3-6 are eligible to apply for either a mid-year entry (must have turned 3 by September 1, 2019) or for the 2020/21 school year (children must be 3 by September 1, 2020).
Questions? Contact email@example.com .
Half days (8:00am – 12:00pm) & full days (8:00am – 3:30pm)
- 5 days
- 3 days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- 2 days (Thursday, Friday)
- Aftercare is available 3:30 – 6:00pm
Please apply online for transfer during the 2019/20 school year or for 2020/21 fall enrollment. You will be transferred to our enrollment management site, BigSis, to create an account and begin the process. Once your account is set up, click the “New” button in order to start an application. A complete application consists of:
- An application for admission
- Application fee ($50 by electronic funds transfer or credit card paid through BigSis)
- Teacher recommendation form
- A Transfer of Records form must be filed for any student wishing to transfer into Urban Prairie.
Tuition costs a stumbling block, find more information here.
Step Two – Enrollment Conversation
Upon receipt of your completed application and appropriate forms, we will contact you to schedule a conversation. This is a chance for parents to ask questions about our school and for the class teacher and/or a member of the Admissions Committee to learn more about the child and family.
Step Three – Enrollment Playgroup/Classroom Visit
*Until classes resume, we will not be requiring school visits as part of the admissions process.
This is another opportunity for you to step into the wonder of a Waldorf Early Childhood classroom and our opportunity to meet you and your amazing child. An enrollment associate will be in-touch to schedule your visit once the application is received.
Step Four – Acceptance letters and contracts
Applicants will be notified on a rolling basis. Contracts will be sent out once a family is accepted. Families applying outside of the normal admissions timeline are asked to enroll within two weeks of acceptance.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
Urban Prairie is committed to fostering a fully inclusive school community. We actively seek and welcome students and staff of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations and spiritual values. Urban Prairie does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, or physical disability in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance programs, and other school-administered programs.