Urban Prairie Waldorf School is committed to supporting economic diversity in our student body. The Variable Tuition program brings our multifaceted, engaging curriculum to Chicagoland families who seek an Urban Prairie education.
Once a child is accepted into our school, families may apply for Variable Tuition. Our third party tuition management company, TADS, collects the applicant’s financial data to create a tuition package within our variable ranges.
Every family adds value to the school community, and it is anticipated that each family who applies for Variable Tuition will hold their child’s education as a high financial priority. All Variable Tuition applications are kept strictly confidential and will be viewed only by TADS, our tuition management company, and our Variable Tuition Committee.
We use TADS to provide an objective and consistent method of determining a family’s ability to contribute to educational expenses. All applications must be completed online and all required supplemental financial information must be sent directly to TADS. Please note that TADS will not process applications until all supplemental materials are received.
If you have any questions about our Variance Tuition program, feel free to contact Jennifer Zielinski, Dir of Enrollment Management at 312.858.4562 or email@example.com.
Early Childhood (5 Day Program) Range from $6,000 to $14,920
Elementary Grade School (Grades 1 through 5) Range from $7,400 to $16,760
Middle Grade School (Grades 6 through 8) Range from $7,400 to $17,020
*Variable Tuition is only available for children enrolled for 5 days a week. For Early Childhood children enrolled for 3 or 2 days a week, please refer to the tuition rates below.
- Half-Day Program – 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Full-Day Program – 8:00 am to 3:05 pm
EC Tuition Rates (Half Day/Full Day)
- 2-Day Program – $4,755/$6,060
- 3-Day Program – $7,130/$9,090
- 5-Day Program – $11,220/$14,920
- New Student Fee (per student) = $1,000
Early Childhood Supply Fees
- Early Childhood 2 Day Program = $260
- Early Childhood 3 Day Program = $390
- Early Childhood 5 Day Program = $650
Grade School Supply and Trip Fees
- Elementary School (Grades 1 – 5) = $900
- Middle School (Grades 6 – 8) = $1,650
Instrumental Rental Fee’s and Lessons
- Students in 3rd through 8th grade can choose a violin or a cello. Students in 5th through 8th can choose or move to a viola. Instrumental Rental average $20-30 per month. Private Lessons are highly recommended and typically start at $37 per ½ hour weekly. If a student has never played before, private lessons are highly recommended. Urban Prairie does provide recommendations for rentals and lessons upon request. We want to ensure that all of our students have access to affordable instruments and lessons. If costs are a concern, please reach out.
Available for the 2021-22 school year.
After Care | 3:00 – 5:30 pm
- 5 days/week: $3,500
- 4 days/week: $2,800
- 3 days/week: $2,100
- 2 days/week:: $1,400
- 1 day/week: $700/day
Drop-In Fees – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- One Time Drop-In: $50 a day based on space availability
*Variable Tuition families please reach out email@example.com to discuss adjustable rates.