Urban Prairie Waldorf School is committed to supporting economic diversity in our student body. The Variable Tuition program brings our multifaceted, engaging curriculum to Chicagoland families who seek an Urban Prairie education.
Every family adds value to the school community, and it is anticipated that each family who applies for Variable Tuition will hold their child’s education as a high financial priority. All Variable Tuition applications are kept strictly confidential and will be viewed only by TADS, our tuition management company, and our Variable Tuition Committee.
We use TADS to provide an objective and consistent method of determining a family’s ability to contribute to educational expenses. All applications must be completed online, and all required supplemental financial information must be sent directly to TADS. Please note that TADS will not process applications until all supplemental materials are received.
If you have any questions about our Variable Tuition program, feel free to contact Jennifer Zielinski, Dir of Enrollment Management at 312.858.4562 or email@example.com.
Early Childhood – Pre-K through Kindergarten
2 Day Range – $1,500 to $9,000
3 Day Range – $2,500 to $12,600
5 Day Range – $3,000 to $18,000
Elementary School – Grades 1 through 5
Range – $4,000 to $19,600
Middle School – Grades 6 through 8
Range – $4,000 to $19,900
Exclusions and exceptions: Supply Fees, instruments, and any tutoring, outside support, or music lessons are not covered in Variable Tuition.
Early Childhood Tuition
2-Day half $6,750
2-Day full $9,000
3-Day half $9,450
3-Day full $12,600
5-Day half $13,500
5-Day full $18,000
Lower School (Grades 1-5)
Middle School (Grades 6-8)
2021-22 After Care | 3:00 – 5:30 pm
- 5 days/week $3,500
- 4 days/week $2,800
- 3 days/week $2,100
- 2 days/week $1,400
- 1 day/week $700
Drop-In Fees – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- One Time Drop-In: $50 a day based on space availability
*Variable Tuition families please reach out email@example.com to discuss adjustable rates.
Note: All deposits, supply, and class trip fees are non-refundable.
- New Family Fee = $1,000
Early Childhood Supply Fees
- Early Childhood 2 Day Program = $500
- Early Childhood 3 Day Program = $500
- Early Childhood 5 Day Program = $750
Grade School Supply Fees
- Elementary School (Grades 1 – 5) = $1,200
- Middle School (Grades 6 – 8) = $1,900
Instrumental Rental Fee’s and Lessons
- Students in 3rd through 8th grade can choose a violin or a cello. Students in 5th through 8th can choose or move to a viola. The school does not supply instruments so families will need to rent or purchase them. Private Lessons are recommended and typically start at $37 per ½ hour weekly. If a grade school student has never played before, private lessons are highly recommended. Urban Prairie does provide recommendations for rentals and lessons upon request. We want to ensure that all of our students have access to affordable instruments and lessons. If costs are a concern, please reach out.